Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I glance over the shoulder of a young Englishman, 
in all the optimism of youth. He reads a book; 
his face intent. He would be a follower of Christ; 
but, horror of horrors, he is reading the testimony 
of an atheist! "I am not a Christian because I do 
not see Christians. Were I a Christian I should 
believe and obey the words of Christ, Who described 
the world as going in a mad rush to the eternal torments 
of hell, and that without any need that it should be so, 
for Christ died for men that all who believe may be saved, 
and commanded His followers to make the news known to 
every creature. Christ threw away His life to save the 
world! Christ called on His followers to throw their world 
away and sacrifice their lives and all they held dear to 
save their fellows, not merely to publish the Gospel, 
but to prove its truth to an unbelieving world, by 
showing through their obedience, that they themselves 
believed the what they preached." "Were I a Christian," 
continued the atheist, "and if by so doing I could save 
even one soul from hell, I should consider myself 
well repaid for having spent my whole life in perpetual hardship, 
agony, ridicule, and shame." This book shut with a snap. 
The young man had made his decision. 

(Excerpt from Parable of the D.C.D.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment